Monday, 8 September 2014

Hearty Nails Snippet: UNiTE. inspired city outline

I am starting a new section, the snippets, a name I stole from The Nailasaurus, though I am applying my own concept to it. Her snippets are pictures without the usual explanation; mine will have the explanation, but will be a picture of a single nail. I do single nail nail-arts for various reasons, from sheer laziness (like when I have all boring nails except one accent nail) to the difficulty of painting a particularly complicated nail art on more than one nail (like today's), including the times when I just paint every nail differently.

Today's design was inspired by the cover of a UNiTE. single, second part of a trilogy of singles with a story attached they released last year's summer. All three singles have their covers in the same style, a landscape drawn (or silhouetted) in different shades of the same colour (different colour per single). I would've liked to translate the other two singles to nail format as well, but I couldn't think of how.

UNiTE. ユナイト nail art

This was so long ago that I no longer remember what colours I used, but I'll tell you how I did it: base colour was plain white, and after it dried and covered the right bits with sticky tape and striping tape to get the general shape of the buildings. Then I sponged on different shades of orange, in a sort of marble-ish style, until I had the opacity I wanted. After I took all the tape off I added the details in white, I don't remember if I did it with white polish or acrylic paint, just dotting everything with a toothpick.
I really liked how it turned out. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll get on with the other two and finish the trilogy.

Here you have the video for the song. You may have noticed I have not mentioned the song's title; it's because, as you can see in the video title, it's quite ridiculous. On the right side there, you can see the original single cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment