Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Hearty Offtopic: Of fails and distractions

Look who's alive.
I've been busy. And also, when not busy, distracted. So I'm gonna tell you what's kept me busy and what's kept me distracted.

First of all, the serious things I'm trying to get done. I have two and a half projects going on, plus an online course. The first project has hit a bump that's made me think I need to re-outline the whole thing. So it's currently halfway through its second outline. The second (the half) project is in worldbuilding stage and all the possibilities are terribly distracting. The other extra project is not my original idea (it's a collab) and its outline is not coming very smoothly to me. All that plus course assignments and quizzes. The struggle is real.

Now, you'll get to see what has been keeping me distracted.

Throughout the whole of september Marissa Meyer wrote a series on her creative process. You can find that here. If you know me at all you'll know that two things will get my attention immediately: people talking about their creative process, and concept albums. Learning about other people's creative process can teach you so much, and it can give you ideas to try and make your own creative process smoother as well. Concept albums, on the other hand, are like puzzles: songs and cover images and everything related are pieces of a mystery you need to put together. I just can't resist. Which brings me to my next point.

Acid Black Cherry is the solo project of yasu, singer of the band Janne Da Arc. Since it started in 2007, all of the albums released by Acid Black Cherry have been concept albums. Aaaaand he just announced the next one. "L" is to be released in 2015, but we fans are already having some theories about the story there, from the clues in the previous singles and especially in the teaser and the video for the latest single, INCUBUS:


While we're in the topic of music, someone else just came back with a bang:


Now from the book front, there's been mainly 2 books.

The first is Crushed, second book from the Soul Eaters series (you can find my review of the first book here). It finally came out at the end of September and I've been delaying posting the review but trust me, not for lack of enthusiasm or love for it. You'll see the review up soon.

The second book is this. Neither the companion nor the trilogy have been translated to English, which is a massive pity and someone should definitely fix it. Therefore if I manage to whip up a review (I'm having some difficulty getting words out, mainly due to the fact that I've never openly talked about this trilogy with people and I've enjoyed it very privately for 10 years all through my teens), it will be fully in Spanish.



Now, in an attempt at getting back on track with the blogging thing, I'm going to say something I might regret later, but TOMORROW I'll put up a nail post! Yeah for real! A Halloween one, even!

And coming up right on Halloween day, a 2x1! Nail post AND a book review. Both based on a book very suitable for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment